AVIC411.com

2005 Avalanche Integration Help

Hello, Newbie here.

I have (or am about to get) a 2005 Avalanche 1500. It has factory 6 disc bose radio, steering wheel controls, onstar, xm, rear radio controls, and rear seat entertainment.

Is it possible to get the AVIC-D3 nav unit in this truck and maintain all factory "fun stuff" and warning chimes? I also need to know what specific modules are needed to do so.

I thank anyone that can help in advance since i have been searching the net high and low and have not come up with any answers for this application.

Jason

Hey man yea the GMOSO1 will allow you to interface the bose, onstar and door chime features!!

You will lose the rear audio controls...

THE only way to keep the steering wheel controls is to get an SWIX from pac or the Pioneer SWIX they are both a steering wheel interface you have to program!! NOT the funnest thing in the world have to do programing!! and grab the steering wheel control wire i can tell you which wire it is and where it is if you go that route!

REAR seat entertainment YOU WILL LOSE!!! UNLESS!!!!! You take the flip down down... and have to look if it has a video output you can make it work!!! MOST of them do not!!! The only two GM vehicles i have seen with that feature to make rear seat enterianment work is the 2007 escalade... and the 2006 Hummer H3

any other questions let me know i work at sound advice in flordia!

The only connection between the RSE and radio in the 03-06 GM's is audio. You can catch the audio and video signal between the DVD drive and the monitor in the overhead console. Sauder a set of RCA end on the right wires and run an A/V cable to the A/V input of the AVIC. You just need the center conductor of the RCA's saudered in line. Twist the three sheild wires togeather and put a crimp ring on them and connect it to one of the screews holding the DVD drive in place.