AVIC411.com

HELP- HOW TO GET THE REAR VIEW DRIVING SCREEN TO STAY ON

[quote name="brucehulkbanner"]Help I just had a Z! installed properly (using headlight flash) and am very impressed. I love it but I can't get the reav view mode to show what's in back of me with the split screen map while moving forward. Can anyone help please?[/quote]

Assume you turn the car on and it goes to an AV acreen.

Hit the NAV button, it will go to the NAV screen.

Hit NAV again, and it will give you a choice of what you want, the split screen for rear camera and map is the bottom right option.
I'm sorry Ducati if this is a stupid question but is the NAV button also the Map button that takes you to map view. when I press it again it gives me the list of options like driver view, vehicle dynamics, etc. When I turn on the car do I use the light flash or just do it regular. When I turn my car on it goes to dvd. Your guidance is appreciated. I been reading these posts for months prior to buying and can't believe I don't know this
[quote name="brucehulkbanner"]I'm sorry Ducati if this is a stupid question but is the NAV button also the Map button that takes you to map view. when I press it again it gives me the list of options like driver view, vehicle dynamics, etc. When I turn on the car do I use the light flash or just do it regular. When I turn my car on it goes to dvd. Your guidance is appreciated. I been reading these posts for months prior to buying and can't believe I don't know this[/quote]

Yah, you are right. NAV? What am I thinking? I've only had the unit for 2 months, you would think I would know the buttons by now :)

Yah, I meant the map button.

[quote name="brucehulkbanner"]When I turn on the car do I use the light flash or just do it regular. [/quote]

Were you asking if you need to flash your lights to get this to work? I don't think so.

Sounds like it isn't set up for a backup camera. When in AV mode go to AV settings. Then System Settings. Look at the operation manual page 154. Make sure the backup camera settings are correct.
I don't know what else to do. I can't access the dvd-v control or the screen mode (full, 16:9, etc). That is also greyed out. When the car switches to reverse I have always gotten a full screen backup camera and I can switch it while in reverse to show the split screen map/rear view mode but when I put in drive the picture blacks out. this is happening although full navi function available (thanks to flicker of lights.) the instruction booklet says rear view camera should be on which mine is and the polarity is on battery. Im using a license plate camera which is very clear. any ideas what could be wrong
[quote name="brucehulkbanner"]I don't know what else to do. I can't access the dvd-v control or the screen mode (full, 16:9, etc). That is also greyed out. When the car switches to reverse I have always gotten a full screen backup camera and I can switch it while in reverse to show the split screen map/rear view mode but when I put in drive the picture blacks out. this is happening although full navi function available (thanks to flicker of lights.) the instruction booklet says rear view camera should be on which mine is and the polarity is on battery. Im using a license plate camera which is very clear. any ideas what could be wrong[/quote]

So you are not using the pioneer backup camera?

Can you change the screen settings by hitting the button on the bottom right of the unit and then hitting the back up camera on the top (while not in reverse). Do you see anything?

If not, I would guess that your backup camera is only powered while you are actually in reverse.

Did you install this? Did you have a shop install this?
A shop installed this Crimestopper Rear Vision Camera model SV-5600 PC-F when I asked for the pioneer. I didn't think it mattered when they said it was a license plate kind. I know how to install but I couldn't find a kit so I paid to have one made and system installed. Ill post pics of my 99 acura rl soon. I switched the polarity to ground, it still comes on in reverse but when i move forward the message image may be reversed comes on and the screen is totally black. The instuctions for hookup for teh crimestopper say black wire is grounded and the red= +12VDC from reverse light. Which wires should the camera be hooked up to so I can have the shop do it right or order another camera. Sorry to be a pest but after paying 3500 for this total project I want all the options I can get. While in drive the left screen is black while the right has the map but I can change the brightness and all of that but still no picture
The instructions say to save time hook it up to the camera power at the rear of the vehicle behind the reverse lights. Well that makes sense now but how do I hook it up. If I hook the power up to the battery or a constant 12v source will the camera still automatically switch to full screen backup automatically or will I have to manually switch somehow
Yah, if your camera's power is coming off the reverse lights, then the only time it will be on or making a video signal is when you are in reverse.

You will need to connect the power of that camera to 12V switched with the key, so that when the car is running, it's powered up and taking video. That way you will see something if you do a split view.
Ok, is this something I can do without the shops help. Can I run the camera power of off the red power lead to the amp which is already in the trunk or would that mess up the amp. I assume it wouldn't becuase the camera isn't taking up much power but I don't want to blow anything. I have not installed anything in a while and I figure why run a separate wire all the way to the battery if there is a power wire in the amp right or wrong?
Well, I don't know. You don't want it running off the battery all the time line cause then the camera would be on all the time. You just want it on the AMP turn on line.

Usually I would think tapping off the power turn on signal for the amps would probably be fine. It depends on where that line is coming from. The Z1 has a 300mA supply for that line.

Just might want to find out how much power that camera draws (look at the second to last page here).

[url=http://www.crimestopper.com/techweb/InstructionBooks/SecureView/sv5600_ins.pdf]http://www.crimestopper.com/techweb/Ins ... 00_ins.pdf[/url]

The manual says 180mA typical. That leaves 120mA left for the amp turn ons. And I don't know what those take.

You are probably fine, but don't take my word on that.

I would ask your installer if they hooked a relay to the battery and then ran the Z1 amp turn on to the relay. Then out from the relay to the amps. If so, then you are fine with that point.

If not, if the amp turn on at the amps themselves comes from the Z1 itself, then I would make sure the turn on lines for the amps (all total) don't draw more than 100mA. If it's being powered from the Z1 then you could put a relay there, and hook the relay to the battery connection that is going to the amps and use that for turn on.

I might be a little too cautious. But with a $2K head unit... better safe than sorry.
You have made my frustration go away. Thank you so much. I will take a look in a second and 2morrow morning after I come from the install place I will let you know how it turned out. other than that the voice command is so cool and this forum is the best. The funny thing is I went to an authorized pioneer dealer. they obviously didn't know all there is to know about the system.
You are very welcome. I remember hooking up my backup camera and took me 15 minutes to figure out how to make it even come on at all. :)

If you ever get sick of manually flashing your lights, I sell a circuit to do it for you.

[url=http://www.sminntech.com]www.sminntech.com[/url]

If you are interested.