AVIC411.com

Warranty Replacement Z2 Freezeup

Update on my warranty replaced z2...it froze up on me this am just like the last one..

It was parked in my garage overnight, it was 83 degrees in the garage when I left and it never booted up en route to work...ac blasting at 65,,no luck.

Funny thing is it has been in my truck with all windows closed in 104deg temps...so im sure the interior was into the 140/50s and boot ups were not a problem..

but a few hours overnight in my garage with the windows open and 83 degrees kills it..

Doesnt make a lot of sence to me...

I just received my replacement Z1 unit after sending the original in 3x's for same freeze up problem. After getting the original unit back from repair the second time I didn't even replace my radio bezel/trim on my car. This left the Z1 real cool, with ac running, I could touch the sides of the Z1 and it was barely warm. After stopping for gas it froze up agin and remained that way the whole day. There is no way heat was an issue, the unit was exposed to the ice cold air all day.

Pioneer sent me a remanufactured Z1 as a replacement. I just reinstalled it, we will see how this one works. Personally I think their software has some type of glitch, not a heat issue (unless 70-80 degrees is considered hot).