AVIC411.com

Map Tracking off by 20-45 degrees??

I just had my Z2 reinstalled. It was removed because when shop was hooking up a new amp, they crossed a wire and shorted the Avic Z2 out. It went to Pioneer and came back in a weeks time.

Now it is in and sounds great. One odd problem...

The map shows me going down the road at about a 30-45 degree angle. I've taken 6 short 10-15 mile trips since it was installed. All but one it was off. It is off in rotating mode or when it is set to keep pointing north.

Do I need to reload the software? I can't imagine why it would be off that much and for this many miles.

Ideas?

Also, Vehicle information says INFORMATION NOT AVAILABLE.

I think that's from your VSS wire not hooked up at all or it's only been a couple miles and it's not calibrated yet.

With the other problems you are having are you sure your VSS wire is hooked up? and hooked up to the right place? Maybe it's hooked to the wrong location and it thinks you are moving when you are not.

Turn on the car and sit still, don't move the vehicle.

Hit:

Menu - Settings - Hardware - Connection Status

And look at the VSS line.

What is it sitting still? 0? It should be 0 sitting still. As you start moving, does that number go up with speed? Does it go up and down with speed and is the same for the same speed.

If you speed up to 40mpg and it registers 70 on the VSS line and you slow to 20 mph, it should go to 35ish. And when you speed up back to 40mph it should go back to 70. My numbers are taken from my Lincoln, so your number 70 at 40 mph is just an example, cars can be different. But the theory is the same a stable VSS number from the MPH.