AVIC411.com

Switch off D3

All the screen off option does is turn the screen off. The unit is still powered up while in that mode, as well as any amplifiers or other equipment hooked up to the unit's turn on lead. And what's more, the unit will continue to play music/movies or navigate with the screen off if you hit the screen off button while it's doing that.

So basically, all that does is turn off the display, not the unit itself.

The only way possible to power off the unit totally while the car is on is to wire a switch in on the ACC wire going into the unit.

Yeah, I was a bit flummoxed recently by this. I took tha car to Summit Point for a High Performance Driving course, and got out on the track and the GPS starts giving out directions, even though hte screen is completely dark! I thought I'd turned it off. Of course, there's no way I'm going to reach out and cancel navigation directions at 90 mph on an extremely tight road course. So I briefly pitted the car and cancelled the route, then went back out again. I've never owned a car stereo that was so difficult to actually shut off.

Still love it, though.