AVIC411.com

Extremely Disappointed With 70 Series Disks

Finally got my CNDV-70 disks. Very disappointed. A lot of the roads in southern Maryland are mislabeled. Due to new construction, some key arteries were expanded and new intersections were built. All this information was accurately captured on the 60 series disks. Now it's all gone. It's as if somebody grabbed a ten year out of date database and loaded it on the disks. Several parks were clearly marked on the 60 series disks, now, they don't even exist on the 70 series disks. I'm trying to go back to the 60 series disks, but I get an error message that I have the wrong disk. Can anybody help me reset my AVIC so I can use my 60 series disks? I've tried to load the old disks about a dozen times, every time I get the "wrong disk" error message. I tried rebooting my system. All that did was reset to the factory defaults.

I agree, the new 70 discs suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've also seen a few mispelled road names...there's also roads around my area that used to be in the 60 disc are now GONE! WTF

and I can't go back to my 60s discs because of the 70 disc firmware upgrade. This sucks.

Get into service menu and you can do a downgrade by flashing the old system program. The instructions were posted in the past, but I can't find them. I did find them on Google for you:

http://www.eatmorepork.ca/modules.php?n ... =6&popup=1

I don't know about the N1, but my AVIC-9DVD only required reflashing the System Program. In fact, I couldn't flash the Application Program. When the old System Program boots, it automatically downgrades the Application Program.

Get into service menu and you can do a downgrade by flashing the old system program. The instructions were posted in the past, but I can't find them. I did find them on Google for you:

http://www.eatmorepork.ca/modules.php?n ... =6&popup=1

I don't know about the N1, but my AVIC-9DVD only required reflashing the System Program. In fact, I couldn't flash the Application Program. When the old System Program boots, it automatically downgrades the Application Program.

Shawn,

Thanks for the link! My first couple of search attempts were too specific, zero hits. My third attempt was a little more generic, got a ka-zillion hits. Weeded out the the hits that were obviously not what I wanted, and found a posting similar to the one you provided. I liked your link better, multiple fonts, colored text, easier to read and follow. I reflashed my unit yesterday. I'm back using my 60 series disks. I'm a happy camper. Thanks again!

Bill