AVIC411.com

HOW TO DIM THE D3

Connect your illumination wire

I've had the D3 for a little while now but one thing about it still pisses me off pretty bad. At night when I'm driving is there anyway to make the screen dimmer in anyway, it blinds the shyt out of me. My factory radio used to dim down when the headlight came on, can I do that to the D3?
  • 2 weeks later...

Not to sound like a lazy bastard that isn't gonna bother to walk downstairs to take a picture, but its pretty obvious. When your lights are off, the map background is whitish/light grey. When your lights are on, its black

Does someone has a picture that could show the diffrerence between day and night (Like the nav screen changing colors?)

Thanks!

It looks the same. Only dimmer.

Seriously, though. If you hook up the illumination wire, when you go to the display settings screen (brightness, contrast, etc.) it gives you two sets of settings. One to use when the headlights are on, and on to use when the headlights are off. You can adjust both completely independently of each other.

Not to sound like a lazy bastard that isn't gonna bother to walk downstairs to take a picture, but its pretty obvious. When your lights are off, the map background is whitish/light grey. When your lights are on, its black

Does someone has a picture that could show the diffrerence between day and night (Like the nav screen changing colors?)

Thanks!

When the installer did the installation of my D3, he suggested not to plug this cable to avoid the unit using the dimmer feature, witch can weaken the lcd lamp.. I said OK but did not thought it would be such a difference (according to what people says). So this is why I wanted to see the difference in nav colors.

So the map background turns black? The roads are what, green? Car would still be a red arrow?

It looks the same. Only dimmer.

Seriously, though. If you hook up the illumination wire, when you go to the display settings screen (brightness, contrast, etc.) it gives you two sets of settings. One to use when the headlights are on, and on to use when the headlights are off. You can adjust both completely independently of each other.

Looks the same...???? It'a also good to know that you can ajust the dimmer setting manually, good stuff!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...