AVIC411.com

Hey Just had my avic d3 installed with blue tooth. My cell provider is Verizon and I have a razor. It found my phone and it works but cant get my phone book to transfer. It disconnects every time I hit transfer phone book on d3. Is there a way to manually do this or override ot some how. Also My wifes phone is a LG and the d3 wont find it. Any help here would be awesome. Thanks

It took me a while to figure out the phone transfer deal, but after reading the directions about 10 times it hit me. When your Deck and phone disconnect...that's when you go into your PHONES address book, and select to either share/transfer phonebook entry (whatever your phone says), and it "should" transfer over. Just remember to STAY in the screen on your deck that you are in when you select to transfer your address book. The only downfall (which happened to me), you might have to transfer each number one at a time. No big deal if you only have a few numbers, but if you have a ton, then it might take a while. As far as your wifes phone...maybe have her search a Bluetooth reception with her phone and not the system. I haven't tried it with my wifes yet, so this is just a suggestion, not a full proof deal. If it doesn't work...just keep fooling around with it...it might connect somehow. If all else fails...read BOTH your Deck manual and Bluetooth Manual. I actually got a better understanding with the Decks manual rather then the other one. Hope this helps.

When you go into your phones address book...select the menu option...on a RAZOR I believe it's the middle button, I have a PEBL, and that's where mine is. The area where you can Edit/Delete/Etc your phone entries. If it's not there...you might have to read your RAZOR manual.

I just got out my old v3c to get you detailed instructions on how to do it, and oddly enough, i can't find it now myself. I don't know if it is because i dont have any contacts in it besides voicemail or because i have no bluetooth devices registered, or worst case scenario, it might be because when i was still using my verizon razr, i had alltel firmware on it. I will charge it up and run it out to the car in a few and see if i can't remember how to do it. I was almost positive it was as simple as selecting a contact, and under options or whatever, the bottom choice was to "send vcard".

verizon phones really are behind,....

I don't know if they are "behind" so much as Verizon deliberatly turns some features off so they can charge you more for it, like the ability to import ringtones. With Cingular/ATT, I use MobilPhoneTools on my computer and can transfer files all day long.

I certainly don't wish to argue semantics, as my choice of words is generally poor, but Verizon's phones are getting better. In an attempt to block loading ringers via bluetooth, they disabled a lot of useful features. They have improved a bit, allowing phone book transfers, and starting this past June, even allowing loading mp3's and ringtones via bt. All I know is the new phones do what other carrier's phones have been doing for a while. So, as was previously suggested, to get the most out of the btb200, you can always switch carriers, but there are also new phones from Verizon that do the job just as well.

i spoke with a pioneer tech lg phones are supposedly a trainwreck with the btb200 which blows i wasted 120$ on it. actually i just got a new phone n it works fantastic. in motorolla phones it might be referred to as a name card as well. hope this helps.