AVIC411.com

Longer Ipod cable for Avic D3?

Since I am pretty sure that pioneer doesn't make an extension cable for the ipod connection bus, I would think a dock connector extension cable like that is exactly what you are looking for. Hopefully someone on here can find one a bit more reasonably priced for you though.

One thing I just noticed, that one doesn't support video. I wouldn't mind, but I hope that isn't a dealbreaker for you. I can't seem to find any other extension cables anywhere. I would have thought there was a market for something like that.

forget the name of the company but an online cable manufacturer makes a cable all u gotta do is send pictures and connector dimmensions they made a sumi cable for a z1 installl i did. also look into pioneers site hard cuz there is a cable on the z2 with that connection but its not for ipod on the z2

I do need video. I wanted to put some elmo videos on it for my 2yr old. Since the stereo does not control video I need the Ipod close. So I wanted it in my center console of my F150. So I can control it without stopping and getting in the glove box.

I honestly am surprised no one is making a cable extender! I would think there would be more demand. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Ralphv

It will control the ipod. Just put all your movies in a playlist. When you go to leave for a trip with the kids, you only have to press play on the ipod once and then you won't need to access it anymore. You can fast forward/rewind and go to the next movie from the D3 screen without touching the ipod

I know..... BUT it won't control the video ipod. Thats why I need the longer cable so the ipod is closer to me. Glove box does not work for my needs.

Thanks guys! Some great stuff here!

One last question. What do you guys use to manage and cleanup your MP3's? I have several directories between here and work of Mp3's. I have tons of duplicates. I have 46gb to clean up and remove duplicates.

Thanks

Ralph