AVIC411.com

DNX 7100 Install

Hi,

I bought a DNX 7100 to install in my 07 Camry. In the box, i found no nav disk or software.. i guess this is because the software is already loaded in the unit.. I thought i woul still get a backup disk. Please let me know, if there supposed to be a disk.

Also, I am was going to buy PAC- SWI-X for steering wheel control, since the unit do not have wired remote input. Can anyone tell me how they placed the "eye" of the PAC unit? Does it have to be righ in front of the nav unit?

Thanks helping.

just installed my first 7100 and its pretty cool

one prob im having is when using dvds that i burned.

ive got like 4 different rap dvds with 50 vids on them apiece and ive been selling the crap out of them. i pop one in the 7100 and it autoplays just like it should. i try to skip tracks and it shows me an "x" all i can do is fast forward through songs i cant skip to the next "title".

for some stupid reason kenwood thought that we need not only fast forward and reverse buttons but we also need slow forward and reverse. retarded

im sure the dvd player will work fine with any other dvd but still

• 2 weeks later...

I got the dash kit from ebay to install the double din DNX 7100 unit into my 2007 camry. Do I use the plastic brackets came with the dash kit in hold the radio or use the metal brackets that was on the OEM radio? The kit says to use the plastic brackets.. they seem weak.. will it be safe to use the this to hold the expensive heavy unit in place??? any thoughts?