AVIC411.com

I just installed the blue tooth and for some reason when I connect to it with my phone it will say please enter passkey to establish a secure connection with pioneer hdd navi so I put the code that the manual tells me to and it tells me invalid passkey I even tried changing the pass key on the deck itself and entering it in my phone and still nothing can anyone help>

• 2 weeks later...

I don't quite understand what's going on when you say that you "entered the passcode that the manual says".....

what are you pairing up with???

I use my Iphone....and it's just the same as when pairing any other phone...with eiher a BT head unit or another phone....and in which the passcodes have to match on both devices...

when I paired my phone with my Z2...I simply went into the phone menu(menu>information>phone) on the Z2....there I set up the passcode to use....and with my phone searching for BT devices...I go to register on the Z2...and choose to do the registering on the phone.....the phone finds the Z2....enter the same passcode that I typed into the Z2....and voila....

I've done it the other way as well, by using the Z2 to register instead of the phone....with no problems....

I may be a little confused....but you should be able to define the passcode on both the Z2 and your phone....

the only time I have ever seen a pre-defined BT passcode....is on my BMW's factory BT....and some of the earlier BT hands-free headset...but this is just the same as pairing two BT phones....in which whover you are pairing with, has to agree on, and enter, the same passcode...