AVIC411.com

First post here, great forum you guys got here. Anyways I had my d3 installed by the shop and it worked perfect, 1 day later it wouldn't turn on so I took it back in and they told me it was the canbus or so they thought. They changed it and it powered back on, drove for 2 days before the same thing happened again. Is it my Avic d3 that is broken? Or does it sound like wires etc. It just won't power on, it just came on for 1 minute a second ago, and I turned the truck off and it wouldn't come back on.

Am I loosing power? Ground connection bad? The guys that did it seem to think it was the canbus and when they swapped it out it worked for the day+ like i said. Hopefully wires are just coming loose and I don't have to send it in.

Notes:

My dash is completely open ATM, a custom bezel had to be made for my truck and its still getting painted.

Could my wires just be coming loose? Is the canbus getting fried? I tend to think its not the avic d3 cause it will work when i take it in and they look at it, but only for a day or two.

By the way vehicle is a 2005 Dodge Dakota SLT Quad Cab.

sounds to me like it is the canbus also. my gmos-04( the first one) did that same exact thing, changed the interface and it works fine now. you may have just goten 2 faulty canbus' in a row.

Damn thanks man, Have a appointment at 3 today hopefully they have a extra one. I figured It can't be the avic itself because it wouldn't work for the day plus etc.

sorry i would ask them to power it up at the cigarette lighter if it has acc power. that way if you silly adapter messes up at least the unit will power on.

now if you have the infiniti system then you wont get sound if the can adapter messes up anyways

It didnt come with a infinity system, I did all my own infinity speakers later one. About the cigarette lighter, they mentioned that my old indash was run that was, but that it wasn't a good idea to do it?

Just did same thing so I went again and they took the canbus out because supposedly its not reading or talking to my truck which is causing problems, they then plugged it into the cig lighter and the avic comes on at least now, but I don't have speed pulse or the dimming feature at the moment. I have to drive down to pac to see wtf is going on with their POS software.

BTW here is the link to the can-bus they are attempting to use on my 2005 dodge dakota.

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/produ ... o#C2R-CHY2

OKAY!!!!!! HERE IS THE SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM!! First the say the CANBUS PEICE DOSNT have enough power?!?! Sounds like someone is b.sing you i am an installer at sound advice have been for about 6 years now!!! ANY INTERFACING PEICE FROM SOUNDGATE IS A POS!!! THE COMPANY that makes an amazing CANBUS peice that i have never had an issue with and i do alot of cars is from a company called AAMP of america their website is n.stotts@yahoo.com

SORRY MAN forgot one thing if you dont feel like going throught all the b.s. of getting this module and they want to keep trying and trying all this trial and error which apparently they have no clue!! YOU CAN DO IT THE OLD SCHOOL WAY!! which is ACTUALLY the safest and most effective way in any car these modules are great but arent always effective!!!

THE OLD SCHOOL WAY is they have to take the radio out EXTEND ALL THE LEADS!!! Hide the radio in the car... and much much more to do it the correct way lol any questions hit me up