AVIC411.com

AVIC N3 question

hi, i'm planning to get the pionner avic n3 pretty soon and this is going to be my first nav. system. What i wanted to ask was that, I heard you are locked out of most options while driving, i also found a bypass for this....

the problem now is ... im fine with dvd's not playing .. but what functions of the navigation part are you locked out of ?? secondly, if i do go ahead with the bypass and fool the n3 into thinking the brakes are on ... wouldnt that just mess up the whole system ?? (would it still show my car as moving .. and would it show my speed/accelaration which pioneer so proudly advertises) ??

Also, aprox. how much would installation cost, and what would be the best place to get it installed from ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
It will prevent you from plotting new routes while moving, typing in addresses, phone numbers, POI searches, vicinity searches. All of those can be done by voice if you buy the mic, but not on the touchscreen. The bypass does not mess up the whole system. The unit doesn't care if your brakes are on, it cares if you are moving. There are up to 8 satellites that track your location, as well as the speed sense wire, and gyroscope keeping it accurate and giving you speed/g-force measurements. Installation is going to vary depending on the type of car and how quality a shop it is

[quote name="Anonymous"]hi, i'm planning to get the pionner avic n3 pretty soon and this is going to be my first nav. system. What i wanted to ask was that, I heard you are locked out of most options while driving, i also found a bypass for this....

the problem now is ... im fine with dvd's not playing .. but what functions of the navigation part are you locked out of ?? secondly, if i do go ahead with the bypass and fool the n3 into thinking the brakes are on ... wouldnt that just mess up the whole system ?? (would it still show my car as moving .. and would it show my speed/accelaration which pioneer so proudly advertises) ??

Also, aprox. how much would installation cost, and what would be the best place to get it installed from ?

Thanks[/quote]
[quote name="Anonymous"]hi, i'm planning to get the pionner avic n3 pretty soon and this is going to be my first nav. system. What i wanted to ask was that, I heard you are locked out of most options while driving, i also found a bypass for this....

Thanks[/quote]

There is a free install rebate right now.
See attachment

I guess I can't attach a PDF. find it online.