AVIC411.com

refurbished N2 now not bypassable?

A friend of mine sent his N2 to pioneer for repairs, and they sent him back a refurbished one, but the problem is the R197 contacts are not there. They look like they have been ground off, and putting solder on there to connect what used to be the contacts does nothing. Any ideas, or possible solutions to this?

Im the one that owns the unit and the description is as black and white as it gets. Its an N2 with and N2 board and when I removed the sticker to bypass the unit the two pins have been removed, it looks like they have been ground off with a Dremel or something. Is there another way to bypass the unit. It would be the same situation as if someone had melted them off with a soldering gun. Is there a way to fix this

this happend to one of my avic n2 units (bought on ebay)

the previous user messed up on the solder points..and it looks like its been dremel'ed off.

what i did was opened up the unit, and did the N1 bypass (the board is identical in the inside as an N2)

now my unit is completly bypassed (and upgraded to m70 disc)

• 5 weeks later...

The same exact thing happened to me. The backlight went out and when I brought in into service at PC Richards, they sent it off to Pioneer. Pioneer returned it with a new sticker over the points. When I removed it, not only was the trace I drew on gone, but the points were scraped or dremeled off completly. What specifically is the method that you are talking about that can fix this?