AVIC411.com

NEX-8000 Stuck in Mute

My NEX-8000 installation has been working perfectly for weeks - until today.  I have it set to announce when I go too far over the speed limit.  It quiets the audio (not full mute) says its thing, and then restores the audio level.  Today it told me I was going too fast, but the audio stayed at the quiet level, and I could not get it to come back.  The + and - volume button were not functional, nor could I do anything by hitting the Mute spot to the left of the volume slider.  I tried changing the Mute level in Audio setting (it was set to ATT), and everything else I could think of.  This state persisted if I turned the car off and then back on.

I finally had to use the Reset button, which is a pain, because then I had to redo various settings including the Auto-equalization.  Problem went away after the Reset.

Has anyone else had this happen?  Seems like a firmware bug, and I would like to know a less drastic fix if it happens again.

Thanks

- Barry

Hi, Barry - I've been running into a similar or the same issue for the last couple weeks or so.  I was thinking it was an issue with CarPlay and/or the iPhone.  I don't have the speed warnings set up, but the iPhone does the same thing when the notification sound for a text or email is played (reduces volume, sounds notification, and returns volume to original level).  Occasionally, I'd hear the volume decrease and anticipate hearing the received email notification, but nothing would happen, and the volume would remain at the reduced level.  

One thing I noticed would remedy the situation would be to hit the back skip button and start the song over (when playing music stored on the iPhone).  

A few questions: Did you have a phone plugged in?  (If so,) What kind of phone? (If iPhone,) Were you using CarPlay? What was your source for the music at the time that the issue happened?  How often do you experience the issue?  

I use an iPhone, but did not have it plugged in (it was connected by Bluetooth though).  And no CarPlay w/o a cable connection.  I believe I was listening to music from an SD card.  I didn't try the back skip button (tried almost every other button and setting).

Have not driven the car much in the last couple of days, but it has not yet happened again.

- Barry