AVIC411.com

Z110bt w/o any updates, where to start??

So, I'm ashamed to say I haven't been here for about 4-5 years.  The last time I came to look for updates I think I read updating to the 120 didn't change much, so I stopped paying attention.  I installed my z110bt in 2009 or 2010 and haven't really touched it since.  Up until today that is.  I've been running an old 3rd gen ipod with music videos and that's about it.  I got so fed up with the maps being wrong I've just mounted my phone in the right spot and use that.  Hell, I even just got my bluetooth to work for the first time today(audio that is, gonna pull the unit out tomorrow to figure out why the mic has never registered...  it probably got unplugged when I installed it)  

So, now that you know what I've not been dealing with...  I've been bouncing from thread to thread reading about all the updates and I'm a bit overwhelmed.  WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO START?!?!  I've been reading about 5.0 and 5.1 upgrades...  but I'm still sitting at 1.000.  I saw something about having to go to 5.0 before 5.1...??  I found the 2013 US/CAN maps, and that is currently downloading, but that's not a firmware upgrade I'm sure, so where should I start that won't cost me $120?   Any input would be appreciated.  

The 2013 upgrade is v5.0 firmware along with the 2013 maps. It will make your Z110 equivalent to a Z140 except for the automatic equalization via mic (due to missing hardware).  Then, if  you are using a recent gen iPhone, you can d/l  a patch (v5.0something) from Pioneer. Otherwise stay on v5.0 - the patch adds nothing for you.

BTW, since you're still on v1.x firmware, you'll loose the old ipod user interface as well as VR NAV commands. You'll gain Pandora and Aha apps, and some other crap.

PS Since you're in S Korea why do you care about US/CAN maps?

• 4 weeks later...

The 2013 upgrade is v5.0 firmware along with the 2013 maps. It will make your Z110 equivalent to a Z140 except for the automatic equalization via mic (due to missing hardware).  Then, if  you are using a recent gen iPhone, you can d/l  a patch (v5.0something) from Pioneer. Otherwise stay on v5.0 - the patch adds nothing for you.

BTW, since you're still on v1.x firmware, you'll loose the old ipod user interface as well as VR NAV commands. You'll gain Pandora and Aha apps, and some other crap.

PS Since you're in S Korea why do you care about US/CAN maps?

So if this is the case since I just did the upgrade from (http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/38472-2013-usacan-maps-download/) shouldnt my Z110 be a Z140 and I would have the 3D buildings or are the only available in SOME cities?