AVIC411.com

Parrot RNB6 CarPlay/Android Auto Head Unit

Yes 720p! And the interface seems very smooth.

Yeah, it really looks great. Hopefully it'll be released soon and then, if the initial reviews are good, this will be my next head unit. It has everything my 4000NEX has audio-wise, like time alignment and a good EQ, with a MUCH better screen and much nicer interface than the horrible Pioneer one (which looks like it was created in 1998).

Its perfect.. Except no siriusxm input. I need satellite radio and really stumped why they would leave that out

Parrot clearly showed the European model. For example Pioneer offers satellite radio in the US, but DAB (Digital Audio Broadcast) in Europe and Australia, hence the different naming (AVIC-8000NEX in the US becomes AVIC-F60DAB in EU and Australia for example). 

So Parrot could eventually offer a dedicated model for the USA with Sirius XM support.

I owned the previous Parrot double din model. It had a lot of potential but was really buggy, not ready for prime time. If the new one is like the last, the underlying OS is an out-of-date Android version, modified to work in a car. I'm not saying the new one won't be good, but I would wait until they prove that it is a stable system. I am much happier with my 4000.

If the new one is like the last, the underlying OS is an out-of-date Android version, modified to work in a car.

Hem, Android 5.0 "Lollipop", an outdated Android version? It's the latest release…

I'd be more concerned about sound quality. As Annie from CarStereoChick wrote a few days ago about Parrot RNB 6:

I’m skeptical on their sound quality, however. Parrot makes some great Bluetooth products, but they’re DEFINITELY not known for sound quality. Their Asteroid sounds like garbage, very muddy, no detail.

Exactly, despite loving all the non audio features our devices bring us, I STILL want great to best audio quality for my system. While Pioneers software division sometimes drops the ball on execution (rarely on vision though) their hardware division still pumps out price/feature competitive sound.

I would wait on an AUDIO review of the Parrot before I ever considered it.

Exactly, despite loving all the non audio features our devices bring us, I STILL want great to best audio quality for my system. While Pioneers software division sometimes drops the ball on execution (rarely on vision though) their hardware division still pumps out price/feature competitive sound.

I would wait on an AUDIO review of the Parrot before I ever considered it.

Absolutely; as I said, I'm waiting for the reviews. But if it can rival the sound quality of the Pioneer units AND have all these other features, it's a no-brainer. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.