AVIC411.com

Please tell me I'm wrong or just flat don't understand my 8000NEX yet...

I have gone in and set my map view to "far".  Still not panned out far enough for a lot of my needs.  So I 'pinch' it out, or use the "+ or -" buttons and it moves in or out accordingly...but the map quits following me and locks where I made the change.  Plus, it adds a bunch if icons so you can hardly see the darn thing.  Is there a way to pan the map in or out to where I want it and KEEP it there and actively moving?

Also, there isn't a lot of information showing regarding street names.  After a search here, somebody mentioned you can change that in the settings...but beats the heck out of me where.  I can't find it...and I've looked at over 200 pages of the manual as well.  Any help with this?

Thanks for your input.

As for the street names, I don't know the answer. Mine shows plenty of names and I don't remember the name of the setting to change that.

The map has "smart zoom" or whatever they call it that will automatically zoom the map in and out when it decides to. As you found out, if you manually zoom then it quits tracking your location. There is no way to turn this feature off.