AVIC411.com

Map Update Help

Attempting to update my brand new Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX, I have run the SyncTool on the device, Then run the Naviextras Toolbox to update. The Toolbox says that the update completed without errors.

When returning to the car and running SyncTool again, I get an error "An error occurred while initializing." 

Can you point me in the right direction to get my maps updated? 

I have tried 3 different 8GB USB flash drives, formatted both NTFS and FAT32.

Thanks in advance. 

I have yet to do a complete "cycle", so I have not had the same experience... yet.  I can think only two possibilities, though: 1) IIRC, you have to turn AV off, and 2) someone posted in another thread that Pioneer was aware certain units would not update, and they are working on a patch (ETA TBD, as usual... :))

That's what they did for me too. Nothing came of it - just got an email today letting me know its a known issue they're working on.

Well at least we know they're [claiming to be  :)] working on it.

The downside, even if they get it figured out, is it may be on the HU side of it and require a firmware update. Pioneer may wait for more issues to resolved before a firmware update is issued.

Which USB port are you using for the update, and are you doing it through a cable or are you plugging the USB stick directly into the back of the HU? The way I have mine installed, USB-1 has a lightning cable connected, and USB-2 has a M-F USB cable running to the glove box. Given the finicky nature of what's plugged into USB-1/2 if/when CarPlay is running, or if (attempting to) use AppRadio via HDMI/USB, I wanted to make sure there's not some unwritten rule about which port has to be used. I have a ticket open with Pioneer on this as well.