AVIC411.com

NEX5000 and SiriusXM reciever

I just installed the NEX5000 in my car, and I really like it.

I have a Sirius Starmate receiver with a lifetime subscription (bought online so I can't transfer it), and a Sirius SCVDOC1 Dock. I am trying to figure out if there is anyway to connect it and run it through the HU like using the SXV200 so I can hide it somewhere versus using it as a stand alone receiver through AUX.

I did look at the CD-SB10, but the connections don't look like they will go into the back of the HU.

Anybody have any thoughts?

There is no way that I'm aware of to connect a StarMate to the HU and operate it using the HU. The CD-SB10 would not do what you're trying to do.

Have you called SiriusXM and tried to do the equipment swap? Years ago they would allow lifetime subscriptions to be transferred a limited number of times for a fee, regardless of where they were purchased. Just act like it's obvious that you can do it (don't say anything like "I'm not sure if I can") and see how it goes. If you've already tried that, I'm afraid you're probably out of luck.

Lifetime subscriptions are a different matter, though.

I found this on the SiriusXM site:

If you purchased your Lifetime subscription
  • Before June 20, 2005: Yes, it is transferable from one radio to another any number of times.*
  • From June 20, 2005 until September 7, 2007: Yes, your Lifetime subscription is transferable a maximum of three times.*
  • On or after September 8, 2007: Lifetime subscriptions associated with home, portable or dock & play radios can be transferred a maximum of three times.*  Lifetime subscriptions first associated with or transferred to radios installed in vehicles by automakers or dealers are NOT transferable unless the radio is stolen, accidentally damaged or defective.

Once a lifetime subscription associated with a home, portable, or dock & play radio is transferred to a radio installed by an automaker or dealer, the subscription becomes non-transferable. Otherwise, Lifetime subscriptions associated with a home, portable or dock & play radio can be transferred a maximum of three times, for a fee.*

Please call 1-866-635-2349 to make the transfer. Read more about Lifetime Plans in our Customer Agreement. Please note that Lifetime subscriptions are no longer being offered to new subscribers.

*There is a $75 fee for each permitted transfer. Each of the fees which you may be charged will be subject to applicable taxes.