AVIC411.com

Has anyone else had a problem with the sound cutting out? I accidentally fixed the problem by flicking the headlights on for a second. The sound came back. This has happened three times now at seemingly random times.

This, of course, is in addition to the "heat freeze"...

What a piece of crap. If Pioneer hadn't spent so much time and effort locking the unit down while you are driving maybe they would have had a little left over to make sure the unit actually functions properly.

• 8 months later...

Jeeper...did you ever resolve this problem? I have an 08 Wrangler that has the whole right side cutting out, coming back in, cutting out again, etc. Same system as you...factory infinity system. Install was done by a professional shop. My jeep is there now with them.

Dave,

I did end up solving the problem, however not in the fashion that will help you. I ripped the system out, sold it on eBay, and replaced it with the Kenwood 7100. Between the heat freeze, the sound cutting out, the lockdown while moving, and Kenwood has a much better GPS interface (Garmin, my #1 feature), I just got rid of it. The Kenwood has run crash free for 6 months.

However, before getting rid of the system, I never found out what was causing the sound to cut out. As noted earlier in the thread, flicking the headlights on and back off seemed to work. It's like something is shorting between the dimmer switch inside the unit and the sound??? I am not an expert, just a frustrated user.