AVIC411.com

8000NEX no volume or audio control funtioning

I have an 8000NEX with a Kenwood XR900 5 Excelon 5 channel amp.   Installed both units myself and all has been working well since installed for about 6 months, except today I am not able to get any sound from the unit.  The volume controls do not work and I noticed that in settings, the audio control settings or equalizer settings are not highlighted or functional.

I'm not sure if there is a problem with the 8000Nex or if it is with the Kenwood power amp.   Has anyone run into a problem like this?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Thanks for your advice.

I was planning to reset the system after work.  Turned out it seems to be tied to the mute when the "your over the speed limit" warning kicks in.  The volume control returned after I happened to trigger the speed warning again.  I'm thinking the mute must have gotten stuck.  Things are back to normal again.

I'll try resetting the system to see if it prevents it from happening again.

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

With a nonfunctional settings symptom, I'd say your OS has developed a glitch.  I'd try resetting the microprocessor.  See page 11 of the operation manual...

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/AVIC-8000NEX_OperationManual030714.pdf

Is this operation different than resetting the radio while its on? my siri is acting up with no audio and I did the factory reset while the radio was on!!

This reset requires the ignition to be OFF and I'm wondering if this will fix my issue. 

Is this operation different than resetting the radio while its on? my siri is acting up with no audio and I did the factory reset while the radio was on!!

This reset requires the ignition to be OFF and I'm wondering if this will fix my issue.

Don't know if it is different or not and have no idea if it will fix your issue.  If you try it, let us know whether or not it helped...