AVIC411.com

Strange tone in my speakers coming from NEX.

So I have a 5000NEX and it's running the latest firmware. I also have an iPhone 6 and use CarPlay

Sometimes , well 3 times this has happened. I'll be listening to something on my SD card, and I'll get a text, or another type of notification on my iPhone.  That's when it starts. It's like a test tone that starts in the left speaker, goes to the right, then the rear L and R.  I have the rears turned off on the HU!!!   Unplugging the phone does not solve it. I have to turn the unit off and on. Want to know who I have to do that?  I have to shut my truck off and turn it back on.    That sucks at 70 MPH. 

Anyone else having this issue? 

Happened to me Thursday night. I was listening to the SD with CarPlay running, I passed a car and service vehicle on the side of the road and thought it might be warning of some kind. It didn't go off and I changed inputs and the noise quit. CarPlay then disconnected and unsuccessfully tried to reconnect. Also the controls were all screwy. I touched the down volume and it clicked down to zero, touched the up and it stepped all the way to full volume. When I stopped I turned off the car and restarted and the unit would not come back on, no screen or button lights. A few hours later it came back on as if it never happened.

I was also on the interstate, tough to mess with it in traffic.

So I have a 5000NEX and it's running the latest firmware. I also have an iPhone 6 and use CarPlay

Sometimes , well 3 times this has happened. I'll be listening to something on my SD card, and I'll get a text, or another type of notification on my iPhone.  That's when it starts. It's like a test tone that starts in the left speaker, goes to the right, then the rear L and R.  I have the rears turned off on the HU!!!   Unplugging the phone does not solve it. I have to turn the unit off and on. Want to know who I have to do that?  I have to shut my truck off and turn it back on.    That sucks at 70 MPH. 

Anyone else having this issue?

It's in that exact pattern every time? I'd suggest you have some sort of GSM signal interference causing buzzing on your speakers with every data connection, but if there's some sort of pattern of speakers and it's an actual tone then I have no idea.

It's in that exact pattern every time? I'd suggest you have some sort of GSM signal interference causing buzzing on your speakers with every data connection, but if there's some sort of pattern of speakers and it's an actual tone then I have no idea.

It's like a test tone rotating though out the speakers.