AVIC411.com

Naviextras help

Can someone please help explain to me how you "connect your storage card to the computer" ? I'm using a microsd card and it's not doing anything. I'm trying to get the free map upgrade. I'm terribly sorry if this has already been explained elsewhere. Thanks.

Since you are using a microSD card, you must have the adaptor to convert it to the normal size SD card. The adaptor is used for both the computer and AVIC.

If you are using a Mac, like me, you must open Disk Utilities and make sure that you erase (format) it to MS-DOS (FAT).

If you are on a Windows computer, then just format it. 

Typically doing a firmware/map update. They require you to download the software and open it. Place a certain file/folder into the main (root) part of the SD card or thumb drive. After that, I really don't want to go into details because I don't know how it works with the map update. As I haven't seen where to get it from. So with that said, would you mind posting the link of where you found this map update?

KOT

What model HU?

On the 8000NEX, you can only do Naviextras through USB stick, minimum 8GB, formatted FAT32.

Connect USB to HU, open Nav menu, swipe to far right end, touch Sync.... forget exact procedure from here but should be self evident through display indicating you are done on that end.  If HU doesn't actually say something to the effect of remove USB, then power down your unit/vehicle, remove USB from HU and insert in computer port.

Start Naviextras Tool.  It looks for your USB stick and when it finds it, prompts you to log into your Naviextras account.  Follow through should be relatively easy.  When done with update download, OK then eject your USB and plug into HU.  Repeat Sync process same as first time...

Note you can also backup your HU Nav on your computer with same process.  I think (do not know) after completing update process you have to take USB back to computer, run Tools again and do the Backup.