AVIC411.com

AVH-4000NEX Remote and Listing

So, I have a couple issues that I'd like to ask about.

1. The remote that came with my 4000NEX is really disappointing. Seems like half the buttons are non-functional on it. Is there something I'm supposed to do for thos? Like it seems the directional pad and enter button doesn't work for anything.

2. Why are all my songs on my thumb drive in alphabetical order rather than album song list order? Any way to change the order?

Thanks.

Alright, I think I solved the listing of songs and such using mediamonkey and autonumber.

But I'm still really disappointed in the remote control for this unit.  Is the directional pad only active for the DVD function of this unit.  It doesn't work at all when searching for music on the USB or SD input?

I tried using it at first. Once I realized it didn't do anything, I put it in the console and forgot about it.  

Ok.  Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything, like if a firmwire update would do anything.  Guess I need to get the steering wheel control adapter after all.  I'm assuming that will allow pretty much full function of existing controls?

I Installed an ASWC-1 and it works just fine. Long press on the voice button for Siri. The pick up and hang up buttons only work to initiate and end calls. Install is really easy as they make specific adapters for Toyota. You can also program the buttons the way you want, although it's a pain in the ass so mine are all default.

I Installed an ASWC-1 and it works just fine. Long press on the voice button for Siri. The pick up and hang up buttons only work to initiate and end calls. Install is really easy as they make specific adapters for Toyota. You can also program the buttons the way you want, although it's a pain in the ass so mine are all default.

So I wouldn't need to splice any wires? Just plug and play?

Correct. Look up as an example (what I used) "Metra 70-8114 Steering Wheel Control Wire Harness with RCA for 2003-Up Select Toyota/Scion/Lexus Vehicles." This maybe what you need, but I don't know enough about your vehicle etc. The ASWC is very intimidating when you first get it because there are a ton of wires. Depending on your vehicle, you may only use three or so wires, in reality, but the adaptor takes most of the effort out.