AVIC411.com

7000NEX Noisy on Startup

I just swapped a 5000NEX for a 7000NEX ( the 7000 fits better in my Grand Cherokee ) and have noticed that when the unit first powers on, you can hear the DVD drive turning - kinda like it's looking for DVD.  The 5000 never did this.

Has anyone need/heard this?

Glad that the 7000 fits better, or at least hides the gap under the buttons. 

Personally I am numb to the noise. Mostly because I came from the Pioneer D-3, which was DVD based navi. So that would read the DVD every time anyways. I honestly don't know if my 7000 makes the noise or not. But here's a question for you, have you inserted a dvd/cd and see (hear) what happens? Does the sound change and what not? What happens when you remove it and upon next start up?

KOT

I haven't inserted a Dvd\cd for two reasons:

1. I won't ever use one anyway

2. My new issue is that the 7000 fits in my 2012 Grand Cherokee in such a way that the top trim piece prevents the screen from moving, so I can't access anything behind it without removing the trim. It isn't a huge deal as I won't ever use the dvd or so card slot, but it is my new annoying thing,