AVIC411.com

Carplay not working

Hey, Just updated the firmware on 5000NEX to 1.0.8 which has the carplay update. My installer has used the usb cable included in the box to connect to the rear USB port.. I'm not sure if this is USB1 or USB2. when i plug my iphone 6 via lightning cable into the USB extension cable nothing happens except phone charging. I can play music via usb as if it was an IPOD but no carplay activates.

Does the lightning cable need to connect directly into the USB1 port for CARPLAY to work or may i have a faulty device?

Thanks for your help.

Yep head unit settings are setup for carplay. I'll need to ask an installer to pull the whole dash apart to reconnect the iphone cable. Do you think using a USB 3.0 cable would work as an extension cable from the unit to the lightning cable? I swear the lightning cables are only lasting me like 6 months and i'd hate to have to pull the whole dash apart just to change the usb cable.

Yep head unit settings are setup for carplay. I'll need to ask an installer to pull the whole dash apart to reconnect the iphone cable. Do you think using a USB 3.0 cable would work as an extension cable from the unit to the lightning cable? I swear the lightning cables are only lasting me like 6 months and i'd hate to have to pull the whole dash apart just to change the usb cable.

I just pulled mine out (bezel off and 4 small screws then is slides out) and disconnected the HDMI Lightning and ran lightning directly from USB1.  I confirm that Car Play now works on my unit.

Give it a try, it is easy.

Glad that got fixed. It's amazing that a pro would get that wrong. We have a G35 in the house. I replaced the OEM head unit with a refurbished one a while back. The car is screwed together a little better than a Toyota, Honda, etc. but it was still fairly simple. Hopefully the shop did not charge you for their error.