AVIC411.com

AVIC 8100 Questions

Just found out about the 8100 and will purchase it soon either for $1,400 from Pioneer or cheaper if it is on Amazon.

Some questions from the experts here.

Having a Samsung Note 3 and 4 which are running Lollipop, will this marry well to the 8100?

Will contact photos be displayed on the 8100?

Is there any hack that will allow complete mirroring where any android app can run and be seen on the 8100?

I would like to do the install myself, where does one buy the dashboard frame to mount the unit to?

Lastly, I am buying a 2015 Honda accord hybrid, this car has multiple angle camera views displayed on its head unit, do I lose that functionality if I swap out the factory nav with the 8100?

Thanks so much everyone!

To answer your last question there are options in the software for multiple camera views, but you might end up loosing a lot of features by adding an aftermarket unit. You will have to weigh your options but it's probably not worth it. A lot of new vehicles will be coming out this year with similar native support, some new units non pioneer will be much better. Hold off a few months if you can on your car purchase and head unit.

For your frame.. I would search around for your accord to see if previous models will fit your current one. Most of the time they do unless your dash area had a major design change. 

For this, you would be searching for "double DIN mounting kit" for 2015 Honda Accord. Normally doesnt matter of the other things as all trim levels should have the same stereo mounting points. Cant say for sure there, so you'll need to research

As for android Auto, it's been having issues with phones that aren't Nexus... My LG G3 didnt load up at all even after the firmware update from pioneer. Some of the Samsungs work, but not completely... mic issues... I upgraded to a Nexus 6 and it works wonderfully, I love it. Even my push to talk on my steering wheel somehow magically now activates OK Google without having to program my Axxess module like I thought I would have to.

I would test your phones out at a best buy or somewhere that has a demo set up, see if it loads, and make sure they have the most current firmware loaded. If it works on one model of the x100NEX models, it will work on the others, the ones that support android auto, that is. 

Contact photos do load on my 8100 nex, texting, calls etc. You can even tell it to send a Hangouts message instead of a text message. I'm loving it far more than carplay when my girl was using it with her iphone. 

I'd only get the 8100nex if you have the desire for bigger maps cache and capacitve glass screen. If not, go a level or two down and save the cash.

good luck