AVIC411.com

Radio stations not coming in Z130

I recently bought a used Z130 from somebody. Everything works fine except the radio. It will not 'find' any stations. It will stop on a station for a split second then go back to 87.5(I think that is the station) every time. I checked the antenna connection and it is fine. It's not a electric antenna, just a standard antenna.

Anybody ever have this happen?

I recently bought a used Z130 from somebody. Everything works fine except the radio. It will not 'find' any stations. It will stop on a station for a split second then go back to 87.5(I think that is the station) every time. I checked the antenna connection and it is fine. It's not a electric antenna, just a standard antenna.

Anybody ever have this happen?

If your car does not have an external antenna mast (most newer cars don't - just have tiny wires in the windshield) then you likely need to power your car's antenna amplifier using the Blue wire in the power harness. See the Z130's installation instructions. You can download this and the user manual from Pioneer's web site.

Another possibility - the FM tuner has a local/distant sensitivity setting. From the FM tuner screen press the settings icon. Select "Local". There are 4 settings (1-4), 4 only allows the strong stations. Try #1 and see if the scan picks-up any stations. Do your AM stations work? There's a similar setting for the AM tuner.