AVIC411.com

Pioneer 4100 NEX Install Issues

These metra units require a very solid connection. I would check to see if they even soldered them to the appropriate wires. More often than not they just crimp or twist them. Metra units always need to be soldered...

I also agree that this could be exposed wire shorting somewhere. Not a fun thing to diagnose, so have them check all of your Metra units connections first as that will be easier.. and cheaper if that ends up being the issue

Everything was connected correctly and checked myself and by a couple other shops.

As stated above, switching to the PAC RP5-GM31 fixed the issues(s) I was having.

The overwhelming majority of installers in my area all said the same thing - Metra is junk. And after seeing how streamlined Pac's stuff is to install + the added SWC features they offer Metra doesn't I can't help but agree with them...

Just installed in my car yesterday. Every time I start the car I get Bluetooth pairing request screen that pops up. Do you get that also? I get that along with a warning screen. I have to click OK to get past it.

Warning screen when the unit first boots up? That's normal unfortunately...

Bluetooth paring request? Are you using Android Auto? Or just trying to connect to the unit by Bluetooth only? Also what smartphone are you using?