AVIC411.com

iOS 8.3 issues...anyone noticed this? Plus audio quality Carplay vs BT

5000 owner here. Installed the iOS update earlier this week on iPhone 6 & all seemed well. UNTIL I'm driving along, listening to <insert audio source here, doesn't matter what> and when I get a text message, the white banner at the top of the screen comes on saying MESSAGE FROM xxxx. I used to be able to touch that and then it would say "You have a message from X" and then it would read it. That functionality doesn't work any more! I touch the banner and then it goes to the text message screen in CP & it doesn't read the new message but just shows me the texts screen in CP with a blue dot next to the new message. Have to hit that dotted message again and then it will read...wierd....not like before...

Also audio quality seems much better (to my untrained ears) if I use the BT audio conenction from iPhone rather than CP. Anyone else notice this??

Not sure if it makes a difference if the phone is unlocked vs locked...the above tests have all be done w/ phone locked. Maybe I'll to unlock 1st and see what happens.

Audio is def much better using BT rather than CP direct connection with lightning cable...weird

Not sure if it makes a difference if the phone is unlocked vs locked...the above tests have all be done w/ phone locked. Maybe I'll to unlock 1st and see what happens.

Audio is def much better using BT rather than CP direct connection with lightning cable...weird

Check your sound retriever settings. Sound retriever makes the music sound clearer especially lower fidelity stuff. It's pioneer's sound processing system. If your sound retriever is on for bluetooth but off for carplay, bluetooth should in theory sound better. I just played my radio with the sound retriever setting to the same on both carplay and bluetooth and didn't hear a difference. 

to see sound retriever with carplay you must be playing music from the itunes music. Not Rdio, spotify or the podcasts. Go to the built in music app and click on the right arrow. You'll see snd rtv with two little red or hollow dots depending on if it's on or off. Same thing with the bluetooth. Also check to make sure the equalizer is set to the same setting for both audio sources.