AVIC411.com

AVH-4100NEX - Android Auto audio quality

I hooked up my radio last weekend and got everything up and running, but I've noticed the audio quality of music while using Android Auto to be a little off.  In particular, it seems to be lacking some bass (at least).  I can switch over to Bluetooth mid-song and you can instantly hear the difference in the levels.  Therefore, it seems the head unit can process and output the appropriate levels, and the phone can transmit them, but doing so through the USB connection is changing them.

Has anyone else noticed this kind of behavior?

I'm already on firmware version 1.03.  My phone is a Moto X (2014).

I hooked up my radio last weekend and got everything up and running, but I've noticed the audio quality of music while using Android Auto to be a little off.  In particular, it seems to be lacking some bass (at least).  I can switch over to Bluetooth mid-song and you can instantly hear the difference in the levels.  Therefore, it seems the head unit can process and output the appropriate levels, and the phone can transmit them, but doing so through the USB connection is changing them.

Has anyone else noticed this kind of behavior?

I'm already on firmware version 1.03.  My phone is a Moto X (2014).

Been using the 4100 (with Nexus 6) for about two week now and haven't noticed this.

The way I understand it any streaming with Android Auto is done with Bluetooth. The USB is just used for data and charging.

If you're using Google Music try messing with the settings - there's one for stream quality...