AVIC411.com

New install on 4100NEX works for a day or two then stops.

Got install done at place that had great yelp reviews, but they were all wrong...

Radio worked fine for about 8 hours after I had it installed. That night when I got in my car it didn't power on at all. The next day I pulled everything out and checked the wire connections. Here I noticed they had clipped the wires I didn't need and taped them together. Also, a couple of loose wires on the stereo harness (the purple reverse gear wire and yellow mute wire) that weren't blocked off. I didn't have anything on hand to fix it at the time so I put everything back in and it worked fine... for about a day. Same thing the next pulled everything out, this time I seperately taped off all the wires and rechecked the other wires. Everything worked fine for a couple days then again it doesn't turn on.

Essentially, if I unplug the harness from the car and reconnect the stereo turns on, but stops working again after a day or two.

Parts used:

AVH-4100NEX

Scosche Radio Harness

Scosche Antennae Adapter

MicroBypass Video in Motion Interface

same things been happening to my 5000 nex... One way to save you time is to just take the radio fuse out of the fuse box and put it back in. That way you dont have to tear your dash apart every time it does that.  Mine does it once every 2 weeks or so. All wires are fine on mine... This was a replacement unit from pioneer... I just hope it last long enough until the parrot comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I just left the face on the past week and it hasn't happened since. Took off the face for a minute today... had to pull fuse.

Now I'm getting another problem with Android Auto... anyone seen this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/15uzlmiy472l3hb/20150430_081039.jpg?dl=0

Basically, everything is working fine, but there are numbers overlayed across the entire screen in Android Auto.