AVIC411.com

8100NEX - first impressions

Anyone had any success resolving these issues or have Pioneer's just always been this bad at route guidance options?... I was shocked that my route wasn't shown first, but even more floored when it wasn't eve one of the multiple options under alternate routes... :(

It's "iGo" (the nav software) and it sucks.  Like I said with my "first impressions", the nav software is similar to the very early generations of garmin/tomtom units with all the associated issues.  If it weren't for android auto (and google maps), I'd have returned the unit quickly based on the bad nav software.  As it is, however, it's okay as a backup for google maps.

It's "iGo" (the nav software) and it sucks.  Like I said with my "first impressions", the nav software is similar to the very early generations of garmin/tomtom units with all the associated issues.  If it weren't for android auto (and google maps), I'd have returned the unit quickly based on the bad nav software.  As it is, however, it's okay as a backup for google maps.

yup. thats exactly what im using it for here... backup map service... i emailed pioneer and got the below response lol:

"I checked but did not see any reported problems in the North Carolina area.

It is possible it could be the way the algorithms are calculating the

route. I would also recommend since the maps were developed by NaviExtras

checking with them also to see if they are aware of any issues in that

area. If you would like to contact them via email the following link will

be able to assist:

https://pioneer.naviextras.com/shop/portal/support?selectedTab=contactus..."

I mean if AVICSYNC ever got off the ground in an app that might help aid the thing.... this is the first time i have seen a company go so full steam on having a feature loaded in the device menus but literally zero way of getting to it or using it as the half that turns all the stuff on isn't even out yet.... would of thought they would of enabled it with a firmware update and then released the app if they thought they were this behind... 

Another let down is traffic... I dunno why but I thought i would see the traffic lines on the map like you do on googlemaps instead of just icons that pop up... pretty lame this way. :(

this is the first time i have seen a company go so full steam on having a feature loaded in the device menus but literally zero way of getting to it or using it as the half that turns all the stuff on isn't even out yet.... 

Sounds like you never owned an AVIC before.  Get used to it :)

Sounds like you never owned an AVIC before.  Get used to it :)

that would be correct! :(

Usually go with Clarion units but wanted to get a nav unit this time and the pioneer looked the best one out there which also had android auto available... which android auto limited me to kenwood or this unit... 

hopefully they get the app up at some point, or at least implement traffic correctly and show it on roads via colors like green/orange/red... 

I mean if AVICSYNC ever got off the ground in an app that might help aid the thing.... this is the first time i have seen a company go so full steam on having a feature loaded in the device menus but literally zero way of getting to it or using it as the half that turns all the stuff on isn't even out yet.... would of thought they would of enabled it with a firmware update and then released the app if they thought they were this behind... 

Another let down is traffic... I dunno why but I thought i would see the traffic lines on the map like you do on googlemaps instead of just icons that pop up... pretty lame this way. :(

Have you plotted routes with Android Auto yet?  I plot my way home from work every night. I know my way home, but Android Auto keeps me updated with audio alerts the whole ride home.  Whole alerts, not just a phrase or two. She will say something like "There is a six minute slowdown in 8 miles. This is still the quickest way to your destination. You should arrive at 6:42".