AVIC411.com

Another Ipod question.....

When you have the Ipod connected to the D3 via the CD-1200 IBUS Interface cable can you actually power the Ipod on and off from the D3 or do you have to manually turn the Ipod on itself and then control it form the D3?

Also when you have the Ipod connected to this cable it supposedly re-charges the IPod. Can you leave the IPod connected for days even when the car is off or will it drain the battery?

The reason for my concerns are because when I get it installed I want to have it as clean and factory looking as possible. So I was thinking about mounting it in the glove compartment where no-one can see it and only disconnecting it when I have to change the songs.

When you have the Ipod connected to the D3 via the CD-1200 IBUS Interface cable can you actually power the Ipod on and off from the D3 or do you have to manually turn the Ipod on itself and then control it form the D3?

No, it will turn off automaticly.

Also when you have the Ipod connected to this cable it supposedly re-charges the IPod. Can you leave the IPod connected for days even when the car is off or will it drain the battery?

It will not recharge your ipod when the unit is off. It will only recharge while your radio is on.

The reason for my concerns are because when I get it installed I want to have it as clean and factory looking as possible. So I was thinking about mounting it in the glove compartment where no-one can see it and only disconnecting it when I have to change the songs.

Install it in the glove compartment, it's perfect!!!!!

I have the same setup. my ipod sits in my glove box and I only remove it to update songs. the d3 will power on the ipod when it is in use and the ipod will hibernate as normal when not in use. The d3 with charge the ipod (which you can also disable in the menu). You don't have to worry about the battery draining if you leave it in your car for extended periods of time because the d3 will always power it via the cable.