AVIC411.com

4100nex firmware download question

i just received my 4100nex and I'm attempting to download the firmware update from the pioneer website. When I download and unzip the file, it is named AVIC-5100nex. I see the file name before it is unzipped it slightly different than the one that downloads from the 5100 page so I assume that it is right, but I just don't want to install it until I know for sure.

Also I had a 5100 for a few weeks, but wanted the 4100 for android auto so I switched. My wiring was already set up with the parking brake grounded, will this have any negative effect on the 4100, and is there any benefit to bypassing the unit (I don't plan to watch video while driving), so any legitimate reason.

Thanks

With the 4100, I don't think the parking brake can be grounded for any bypasses to work; you will need that 3 wire microbypass double-pulse unit to do so.
And I'm struggling on a bypassed 8100NEX just to get initial set-up started. It's being extra dumb about the car being parked.
Even though the video-in-motion bypass is working.

i just received my 4100nex and I'm attempting to download the firmware update from the pioneer website. When I download and unzip the file, it is named AVIC-5100nex. I see the file name before it is unzipped it slightly different than the one that downloads from the 5100 page so I assume that it is right, but I just don't want to install it until I know for sure.

Also I had a 5100 for a few weeks, but wanted the 4100 for android auto so I switched. My wiring was already set up with the parking brake grounded, will this have any negative effect on the 4100, and is there any benefit to bypassing the unit (I don't plan to watch video while driving), so any legitimate reason.

Thanks

For some reason, Pioneer named the folder AVIC5100NEX for the update, as they did with the 4000nex update(naming it AVIC5000NEX). I recommend installing the micro bypass, regardless if you are going to watch while driving or not. It is a lot easier than installing to emergency brake and dealing with putting brake on then off then on again, or whatever the procedure is.