• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mikek753

mikek753
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:28 AM

hi,

when car is started and put in reverse backup camera displays video feed to HU just fine

however, after 20-40 min drive when I try to park and switch to reverse I got black screen with HU warning ... mirrored ...

if I turn off engine and wait for a min or two and turn car to ON or start engine I get video feed on HU just fine

I tried to disconnect backup camera when I got black screen (car with engine ON after parking against curb and switch in reverse position) and connect video camera / camcorder input to backup camera output and camcorder shows video just file. so, looks like backup camera works Ok and something within HU.

Originally I thought that it's backup camera and got another camera and even added voltage regulator as I thought camera might not take over 12V - so it isn't the case.

my connections:

backup camera takes power from backup lights

camera is connected over rca cable to HU

HU gets +12 from reverse light to reverse detection wire (I think it's magenta, has label for reverse)

HU is set for polarity as battery

How I can fix this annoying issue?

thanks

#2 faolmos

faolmos
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:28 PM

I used to have the same problem when I powered my backup camera to a constant 12v, try this, the ground cable from the camera to the body of the car, and the + wire from the camera to the +12 where yo HU it's connected.

What its happens its that you camera constantly its on, and after several minutes it shuts down automatically to protect it self

#3 mikek753

mikek753
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:11 PM

thanks for the reply.

No, camera in my case isn't powered unless car is in "R" position. So there is no camera overheating issue.

please, take a look at my video that shows how 5sec power reset re enables HU camera input

https://www.youtube....h?v=z6C19gX-8zU

#4 ehwilli

ehwilli
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:05 PM

Sorry for reviving this old post but it describes my exact problem and I'm hoping you found a resolution.  Any suggestions or ideas?

#5 mikek753

mikek753
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:56 PM

hi,

No, I didn't find any solution.

It got better, but I think it's heat related and as weather now isn't as hot it works Ok

pls. post if you'll find anything.

#6 greeny129

greeny129
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 06:18 PM

+1 for heat, check you connections are secure/soldered/crimped properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users