AVIC411.com

mode button turns off display 8100nex

hi- newly installed 8100 nex. having an issue with mode button. when depressed "display off" displays and display does not turn back on. i have tried mode button again, home and map, i get quick flicker of a display, but no display- only way to get it back is to turn off vehicle and turn it back on. anyone have any ideas whats going on here?? thanks

• 1 year later...

hi- newly installed 8100 nex. having an issue with mode button. when depressed "display off" displays and display does not turn back on. i have tried mode button again, home and map, i get quick flicker of a display, but no display- only way to get it back is to turn off vehicle and turn it back on. anyone have any ideas whats going on here?? thanks

Hello folks... New to this forum. Darrell from Calgary.

Ive just installed a 7100-NEX and upgraded firmware to v1.05. The HU appears to functioning perfectly in every other way.

I'm experiencing just what @rsnek1 had experienced. FWIW....installed in an '08 RAV4. I've retained SWCs with PAC integration and also used PACs TATO for the JBL amp integration. Anyone able to offer

up an opinon?? TIA.

When i touch the screen, i get a very quick flicker on the screen. The flicker is an image of the display that existed before turning off. The same thing happens if i press the mode button instead of the display.

This is very much the same thing that the OP describes. I'm having a coffee and will go out and reset. Will report back on the outcome.

Went out and tried the screen off feature before anything and it worked fine. I turned the screen off ( with mode button) woke it up by touching display- good- mode button to turn screen off...press mode button again, display on-good- Off again, tried touching display and I find I can't turn display on-same issue.

I reset and tried display off feature and can not turn display on again- same issue. So, to recap... this issue existed yesterday and after vehicle sitting all night, everything functioned fine after first boot but issue returned after 3rd cycle of turning screen off then on.