AVIC411.com

Installing the d3 in 2007 Yukon with Bose, Onstar, Rear.....

Bought all the goodies from Crutchfield. GMos adapter, steering wheel adapter, mounting kit and antennea totaling $242. Should have it on Wed an will do it that night. As listed in subject line, I have an 07 Yukon with Bose, Onstar, Rear DVD and steering wheel controls. Hopefully I can use my factory XM antennae with the new tuner and also hope I can use Rear DVD screen. Will find out once stereo is pulled. I will continue this post once everything is in and unning. Already had this unit in my last vehicle 06 F150 that I just traded on the Yukon, so n con concern on the D3 end, just a few on the vehicle end.

Greg

Hey Guys,

Well i received all my wiring/kits today and wired evrything up. I did not yet actually put it in the yukon yet. Just finished with the wiring end. I do have some questions, though. First, the GMOS Lan 02 harness only has rca plugs for the speaker wires. I hooked the corresponding RCA wires to the Front and Rear Input RCA plugs coming from D3. Will this work, Im afraid to cut off the plugs. Second, there was no specific feed to the factory sub like in the F150, can I use the sub controls within the unit or will the sound just blend together. Im really concerned that this install may not be the best option. Wondering if the factory Nav is the way to go. I of coarse will hook this up tomm after work before deciding. Also there was no wire coming off the GMOS for the Rear DVD, so Im hopin it is separate from the harnesses and is an RCA plug so it can get plugged right into the D3 harness.

Any feedback on this please post

Greg