AVIC411.com

8100 - SSD music playback delay after using phone via bluetooth

Hi - I have a newly installed 8100NEX with an SSD drive with a bunch of music attached to it. I use that as my jukebox. It's formatted in fat32 and I've used the fatsort utility to sort all of the files/directories in alphabetical order. I've noticed that whenever I get a call (or inadvertently change sources - like to the radio) and go back, that it seems to hang and not play anything for about 2-3 minutes, almost the same behavior that it does whenever I start up the unit. Is that normal behavior? I'm trying to optimize playback as best I can, and this is the only little nag I have left. I can deal with the delay upon start up, but this one is a bit frustrating.

Also - I know the manual lists a 15000 file limit for music - That seems to be arbitrary (or just "recommended"). I've done experimentation and have had success with over 22,000 files on a single disk. It may very well be contributing to my issue above, but it does work.