AVIC411.com

AVIC-8100 frozen on reverse screen

Today I installed or attempted to install a AVIC-8100 in my 2015 Hyundai Sonata. I followed the Metra Axxess interface kit instructions to connect the 8100 to the stock wiring harness. I soldered and heat shrunk all the connections. I was a bit disappointed the Axxess did not supply a rear view camera connection cable but now I have bigger issues. When I first fired up the 8100 it worked as it should. After fiddling around with the Axxess steering wheel control interface and also making adjustments to the settings on the 8100 haphazardly I am now stuck on the rear view camera screen at startup. I have no camera connected and I also disconnected the reverse sensor wire thinking that may solve the problem. Now the head unit does nothing but stay on the reverse screen. 

Please tell me how to get this head unit's display out of the rear view camera screen! THANKS!

Certainly sounds like bad wiring. I triple checked all my connections, all are good. I am thinking it is the Axxess interface that is goofing this up. I just ordered a PAC interface. I'll solder this one in once I get it and report back.

The PAC is suppose to have a rear view camera adapter and retains the factory usb port. The Axxess did neither of those. I will lose the Blue Link which I didn't use.

once booted, hold down the map button, till the home screen pulls up. but eventually they pulled my unit and they are swapping my unit out today

Sorry to hear your 8100 was defective.

This evening I rewired the harness. This time I removed all of the Axxess junk. Now the head unit does not turn on/off when I open close a door or when I lock/unlock the doors. I am very anxious to install the PAC interface. Hopefully it works well!