AVIC411.com

Slacker on Android Auto..CarPlay next?

I saw the news that Slacker Radio is now available on Android Auto. I'm hoping this gets a release to Carplay with iOS 9 but I'm getting the feeling Apple is not making the approval process easy for any company that might be competing with Apple Music. 

Has anyone tried the app an AA? How is the interface, etc.?

If you want an app approved by Apple on Carplay all you have to do is follow the rules that Spotify, TuneIn,  and Rdio have followed. All are Apple Music competitors, Spotify being a MUCH bigger "threat" than Slacker is, yet Apple approved them.

I would suspect that Slacker is focusing on Android Auto's deployment instead of Carplay since it is a space that Apple is not in. Leaving only Spotify and Google Play before Apple shows up this fall on Android.

Yes, that is usually the case, but Pandora has also lagged behind with suggestions that its relationship with Apple was complicated. It might be more difficult to get an app approved through Apple then for Google as well. Spotify was also launched a long time before Apple had its own streaming service and the app itself has been garbage since Day 1. 

Still, I'd like to see the Slacker interface on Android Auto. Can you see all your Favorites or just a few, etc.