AVIC411.com

Valor DVD Changer + Pioneer Adapter = Alternative to XDV-P6?

Adding a DVD changer is something that I have considered as well. The ones which I have looked at, the pioneer XDV-P6 and the Rosen R-5006 6 disk DVD changer seem nice but are expensive.

This one the Velor is allot cheaper. However I would be hesitant to buy it because it is Chinese company of lower end products. Hence the price. I would do allot of review searching before I bought it to make sure it is reliable.

basically guys youd be lucky to get 2 years out of this. any kind of off brand changer is going to fail for one reason or another. but if it comes with warrantee (usually a replacement one on these cheap pieces of crap) then its still a good deal.

if anyone owns a valor dvd changer please post problems.

basically guys youd be lucky to get 2 years out of this. any kind of off brand changer is going to fail for one reason or another. but if it comes with warrantee (usually a replacement one on these cheap pieces of crap) then its still a good deal.

Exactly. Stay away from off brands. If you really want something than pay the extra $$ for quality. I had a Denon car CD changer which lasted 10 years, with no problems. At the time Denon was one of the best makers of Car CD players and changers.

Rosen is not well know, but they are a U.S. based company which was started by German and Swiss engineers to design O.E.M Audio/Video equipment for cars like Mercedes, Cadillac and Land Rover. They make some of the best head rest video units available.

I've never owned Valor, but I have owned a Boss 6 DVD Changer and a Pyle DVD in dash. But I would not be surprised if all of these off-brand companies (including Boss/Pyle/Valor) use the same components. With that said......I never had any issues with the Boss and Pyle.

For the price, I'd be perfectly fine with getting 2 years out of it......because 2 years from now, I'd probably have an upgraded set up anyway.

I have personally owned some of Valors products... I had 2 of their LCDs in my headrest, and one flip up in dash DVD...THERE STUFF IS JUNK!!!! every single item had some major problem withing 6 months...and forget getting any service from Valor...

as far as the DVD changer...a buddy picked one up and also had problems with it from day one!... STAY AWAY FROM VALOR. I can't believe Crutchfield sells it...its got to be a major head-ache for them.