AVIC411.com

New 8100NEX install questions

I'm looking at buying an 8100NEX online and having it professionally installed. I'm assuming the installers will have no problem getting my backup camera and steering wheel controls hooked up right? Also my factory mic should work too right?

What do people do with the different inputs. I currently have one Aux port and one USB port in my truck. Can these be reused with the new 8100? Also will I be able to get another USB port installed? What about the HDMI? What's that used for? Do most people get the extra ports installed, or do they have cables running out of the dashboard. Just curious how clean the install will look.

I will attempt to answer what I can. Don't assume anything. We need to know, what vehicle you are installing into first. Some vehicles, the reverse camera will work with adapter, same with the USB inputs, and the aux input. Some need an adapter like the Maestro RR for all to work. I would research here what other forum members have had success with.

HDMI can be used as input for AppRadio thru you phone(using A/V adapter for IPhone, or MHL adapter for Android.) bear in mind, if you are going to use CarPlay or Android Auto, you will not use HDMI. USB1 is for iPhone, USB2 for Android. You can hook up either USB thumbnail drive or SolidState Drive for USB not hooked up to phone, and fill with music and or videos.

AUX can be either music or video, and must use Pioneer aux cable(it is weird size)3.5 mm to RCA

A/V input is RCA(anything that uses composite) I have Digital TV Tuner hooked up on this.

I ran all inputs to either console or glove box. It is better to run all on initial setup, so you don't have to pull the deck to add something in the future.