AVIC411.com

Please tell us a little more about your system to help us help you. What components does your system consist of? Are you using any external amplifiers? Do you have a subwoofer? 

My guess is that your powering your speakers off of the head unit itself and have the bass turned up fairly high. That is a recipe for overheating your head unit (thermal shutdown). Bass requires lots of power and that's why separate amps and subwoofers help take the load off of your head unit. If you have to add bass boost via EQ then you probably need more power and a dedicated subwoofer. A well-powered system can run a flat EQ without any type of boost and will still deliver tons of bass.

I have 2 external amps, one for bass and one for voice and no speakers are wired directly to the radio only the pre amps are connected. The eq on the radio is set to flat as i have an extrenal crossover and eq set up as well, but like i said everything works fine until i pump up the music and this only happens when using anything but the fm radio