AVIC411.com

Waze on 5000NEX with Android?

I just have a crappy Motorola but I'm planning on purchasing a new phone.  Just want to make sure I buy the right one because I know many of them aren't compatible with appradio, mirror link, and/or android auto. 

I really just want to be able to use Waze.  Maybe Spotify and Pandora.  I'd be happy with the Galaxy S4 and 5000NEX but it looks like the S4 won't work...

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/39160-5000-and-android-phone-s4/

The only other phones my carrier has that would work are the Galaxy S5 and S6.  S6 is out.  Not a heavy user so not going to pay that for a phone.  S5 is probably also out for the same reason...  The S5 would cost me about $200 more then the S4 and I'd rather spend that extra $200 on the 4100NEX to get the HDMI and Android Auto (I can sell my 5000NEX for $350 and buy the 4100NEX for $560).  And I don't think the S5 would work with Android Auto (if i get the 4100) because it does not run Lollipop... but the S4 does.

So I'm thinking I'll be happier with the Android Auto 4100NEX and S4 instead of the 5000NEX and S5... unless someone knows for sure that there's a way to make the S4 work with mirror link or drive link on the 5000NEX?