AVIC411.com

5000 and Android phone (S4)

I replaced my AVIC-D3X with a 5000NEX early this week and I am still learning a lot ..

I have a Samsung Galxy S4 and my wife has HTC ONE android phones. Anyway we can hook up our phones to the "APPS" module on 5000? I am still new to this and I am assuming the APPS currently is compatible with iPHONEs and you can play your iphones apps on the unit. Is Pioneer going to release a firmware or something to get Android phone APPS compatibility?

I am looking at this page http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/UnAssigned-Content/Android+Compatibility and it says 5000NEX is still not compatible with android phones? Any reason why?

I replaced my AVIC-D3X with a 5000NEX early this week and I am still learning a lot ..

I have a Samsung Galxy S4 and my wife has HTC ONE android phones. Anyway we can hook up our phones to the "APPS" module on 5000? I am still new to this and I am assuming the APPS currently is compatible with iPHONEs and you can play your iphones apps on the unit. Is Pioneer going to release a firmware or something to get Android phone APPS compatibility?

I am looking at this page http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/UnAssigned-Content/Android+Compatibility and it says 5000NEX is still not compatible with android phones? Any reason why?

According to Pioneer's website, the 5000NEX will work with MirrorLink, with is presumably compatible with both of your phones.

The 5000 is iPhone only and likely will not change due to price point. The 6000 would be the lowest unit for Android compatibility.

Thats what is confusing me. In the first line at http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/UnAssigned-Content/Android+Compatibility it says "The AppRadio Mode feature is now available on the full 2014 and 2013 lineup of AppRadio, NEX, Navigation and DVD Receivers." If its price point how come AVH-4000NEX is compatible as its priced lower than 5000NEX?

Thats what is confusing me. In the first line at http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/UnAssigned-Content/Android+Compatibility it says "The AppRadio Mode feature is now available on the full 2014 and 2013 lineup of AppRadio, NEX, Navigation and DVD Receivers." If its price point how come AVH-4000NEX is compatible as its priced lower than 5000NEX?

I would assume because the 4000 has no navigation built in.

MirrorLink works with usb cable to USB2, according to manual.

Ahhh...

Well, there you go, mnsweeps. If I had a MirrorLink compatible Android phone, I'd certainly go that route. I wouldn't have a bunch of "apps," but at least I'd get some useful functionality out of new stereo.

MirrorLink works with usb cable to USB2, according to manual.

Sorry I am not sure what that means? I have a USB coming out of the back of the unit into the glove box. Now is my Samsung S4 a Mirrorlink compatible device? If so how do I connect to the unit USB ?

Sorry I am not sure what that means? I have a USB coming out of the back of the unit into the glove box. Now is my Samsung S4 a Mirrorlink compatible device? If so how do I connect to the unit USB ?

I don't have an Android phone, so I won't be of much help; however, both of your phones -- yours and your wife's -- are listed as MirrorLink compatible, so it's just a matter of connecting them to the stereo with the right USB cable (call Pioneer or Samsung and HTC?) and downloading the MirrorLink app from the Google Play store for each phone. Beyond this, it should just be a matter of starting the MirrorLink app on the phones while they're connected, and selecting MirrorLink on your Pioneer unit.

YouTube has a few videos showing off the MirrorLink functionality. Check them out.

; however, both of your phones -- yours and your wife's -- are listed as MirrorLink compatible, so it's just a matter of connecting them to the stereo with the right USB cable (call Pioneer or Samsung and HTC?) and downloading the MirrorLink app from the Google Play store for each phone.

Can you link me to the page which gives this info? Thanks again.

The 4000 has HDMI while the 5000 does not. The 4000 on the other hand does not have any form of built in navigation. For that you would need apps to do anything. 

As far as this mirrorlink question, the S4 does support it, and I think the HTC one does as well. In order to use mirrorlink you just plug a USB to Micro usb into USB port 2 (has to be port 2 on the radio) and plug the other end into the phone. You then have to open a Mirrorlink app. Samsung for example has car apps that do this. 

As far as apps mode, you are a fish out of water with the 5000. It just doesn't support your devices. Sorry. It does support Apps, just like Pioneer advertises, but only for iPhones on the 5000.