AVIC411.com

8100 w/ MaestroRR backup camera problems

I've got 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which had a MyGig factory backup camera.  I recently switched to the 8100, and used the idataLink Maestro ADS-MRR + HRN-RR-CH1 + HRN-AV-CH1

Everything is working nicely, except the backup camera.  When I turn the car on, the 8100 boots, and immediately goes into backup camera mode (while I'm still in park).  Although it's just a black screen, since my factory camera has no power unless Im in reverse. At this point I need to hold down the MAP button to exit the camera.   

When I do shift into reverse, the camera comes on, and I can see fine.  But when I shift into drive, I need to exit the camera.  Which is annoying, but I can live with that.

So my real problem is -- why does the system go into backup camera view mode when I start the car, even while it's still in park?

I'm running the latest Pioneer firmware (1.03)

Thanks

Thanks for the replies.  I turned it back on to confirm my settings.  I made some progress -- the problem was Reverse Gear Setting.  I had it set to Ground.  Changing it to Battery solved the problem when the radio turns on.  

So my only problem now is that if I shift into reverse, and the camera comes on, then I shift into drive, I need to press Exit.  Is that normal?  My factory unit would exit the camera when I shifted into drive.

Thanks for the replies.  I turned it back on to confirm my settings.  I made some progress -- the problem was Reverse Gear Setting.  I had it set to Ground.  Changing it to Battery solved the problem when the radio turns on.  

So my only problem now is that if I shift into reverse, and the camera comes on, then I shift into drive, I need to press Exit.  Is that normal?  My factory unit would exit the camera when I shifted into drive.

you shouldn't need to press exit when you take out of reverse, unless you have camera view turn on in which after you take out of reverse the camera still stay on when you touch the screen it should go ago and come back again, check your camera setup in HU, i noticed that it have two camera setup and camera view. I have 7000nex only have one camera setting in menu you should have something like this "Back Camera: Reverse Video" and "2nd Camera: Reverse Video" and also "Camera VIew", "Back Camera input" check one of these settings that make your reverse camera stay on.