AVIC411.com

8100NEX - AppRadio flakyness and usb cables

Hi all,

I have a 8100NEX and in USB slot 1, I have a 3rd party usb 3.0 extension cable (I have the default pioneer extension cable in usb slot 2) and from there a lightning cable connected to my iPhone 6plus.

I just got the unit installed a few days ago and updated the firmware to the latest. 

I noticed a few times when the iPhone 6 plus is connected the following issues:

1. When bluetooth is on and AppRadio mode in being used, sometimes the source switches to bluetooth from AppRadio and then doesn't let me go back to AppRadio and also the bluetooth audio fails too

2. When I tried to update the firmware using 2 different usb sticks connected to the extension cable in USB 1, it didn't see the update there (even though I was using the correct file in the root) but did immediately work when using the sd card instead

So, basically I wanted to ask if anyone is seeing flakieness with AppRadio and if so, are you using the default pioneer usb extension cable or are you using a third party or are you simply connecting a lightning cable straight into that port and not using an extension cable at all?

Thanks!