AVIC411.com

Swap Nex 4100 for Kenwood DDX9702?

We have been having problems with our NEX since shortly after install. It will run pretty well for a couple of weeks and then start to periodically crash when CarPlay starts. Another thing that happens is sometimes the head unit won't start for a minute or two after being powered up. Doing a full reset seems to sort it out for awhile and then it gets flaky again.

Our dealer insists none of this is normal and have offered to either replace it with another 4100 or Kenwoods new DDX with CarPlay.

Does anyone have experience with the Kenwood head unit?

I'm sure those links were intended to be helpful. 

The first one is a great resource to see a "professional" review of basically any head unit that is currently on sale. I didn't look for the Kenwood model, but I would bet they have reviewed it since CarPlay is hot right now. 

The second link is self-explanatory.

I like this lady's blog. She owns a stereo shop and is a great resource. I've asked her a few questions before and PayPaled her a few bucks for the help (she is/was fundraising to attend CES). 

http://www.carstereochick.com/2015/01/12/kenwood-carplay-android-auto-ddx9902s-ddx9702s/